Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Transfer Time!

"Well, I got transferred today. I am no longer in Villa Mariona, but am now in Chalatenango, which is only a few hours away(from San Salvador, we think), so not too bad. I am really excited because my companion Elder Guarando seems to be on fire with the work. It was a little hard these last few weeks because my companion was going home, but I think this transfer is going to be a great time to work. He also told me a little while ago that I am the new second Counselor in the Branch Presidency, so pray for me to be able to do all of my duties. And if you have any advice, I am wide open to receiving it!

We had two baptisms a week ago and we are expecting 2 more this week, a young man named Luis Torres and a lady who has been coming to church for 2 years and finally has the desire to be baptized. We are waiting for the proper papers for her soon to be husband's divorce and their new marriage papers to be finalized."

To Grandma he wrote:
"Well, my Spanish is coming along. I still have a lot to learn, but I know more now then I did a month and a half ago, which is how long I have already been here in the mission field. Pretty crazy!"

2 comments:

  1. Yo !! Elder Price,

    Glad to hear you are still working (and sweating) hard. And before you know it you will be speaking spanish like the natives. My son had to struggle with his spanish for a few months and then it just clicked in. It will be the same for you. PLEASE keep your journal up to date. As the years go by, from time to time you will open your journal and read your comments, your ups and downs, your joys and sorrows and you will understand the amazing growth that you mission did for you. So pray for bigger shoulders okay?
    I am very proud of my amigo. Ruby's on the pier when you get back from serving your worthy mission :):)
    Brother Banagas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que Onda Vos?

    Como te vas? Bien bien? Espero que hagas todo bien. Yo quise estar en Chalate pero nunca tuve la oportunidad. Pase mucho de mi tiempo en la zona San Vicente. 9 meses en Ilobasco y 3 en Cojutepeque. Los otros meses pase en Molsa (layco) soyapango y Ilopango.

    Voy a seguir como te vas. Seguis adalante y tenis cuidado con la culebras.

    Hi Aunt Kelly, I dont know if Colin reads this but if you can pass it on I would appreciate it.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete